Challenge yourself to provide solutions that both spark creativity and provide business value
HackRegina is hosting its first hackathon since it's length break. Duke it out with other developers, designers, and analysts to make an application for fame and prizes. Experiment with new technologies and provided APIs to create solutions that sparkle with creativity and marketability. All experience levels are welcome as we hope to provide the opportunity to work with the best and brightest in Regina.
- Individuals who are at least the age of majority as of the time of entry (“Eligible Individuals”)
- If you're under the legal age of majority, you must present a signed permission slip from your parent or legal guardian.
- Teams of Eligible Individuals (“Teams”)
- Any developers, designers, analysts, or anyone interested in software development are eligible to participate.
- Must be registered with a valid Eventbrite ticket
- Must be in attendance for presentations
- To be eligible for the student category prize, 50% or more of your team must be enrolled in primary, secondary, or post-secondary education as of January 1st, 2018
The following is required for submission:
- A link to your repo hosting the source code
- A written summary of your application and what it does
- Any materials required for presentation
How to enter
- Register for the HackRegina Hackathon on this page.
- Secure your spot with an Eventbrite ticket.
- Learn about our sponsors' APIs and consider reading through our starter kit.
- Build! Create a new project. Shoot a demo video or prepare a live demo that demonstrates your project in action. Compose a written summary of your application and what it does.
- Provide a way to access your project for judging and testing. Include a link to your repo hosting the source code and all deployment files and testing instructions needed for testing your project. (The Github or BitBucket code repository may be public or private. If the repository is private, share access with email@example.com).
- Submit your project before January 12th, 2018 @ 5:30 pm CST and be sure to share the links to access to the repo and the deployment files.
To be announced at a later date
Quality of the Idea
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
Implementation of the Idea
Includes how complete and stable is the implementation of the idea.
Includes the extent to which the solution can be widely useful.